UPSC prelims guidelines 2020: Before going to the examination center, the UPSC Civil Services Exam candidates should read these rules and guidelines. UPSC prelims guidelines 2020: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will conduct the Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2020 tomorrow (Sunday 4 October). According to the affidavit filed by UPSC in the Supreme Court, more than 10 lakh youth have applied for the UPSC Civil Services Examination 2020.
UPSC prelims guidelines 2020
As of Monday, more than six and a half lakh (about 65 per cent) of the registered applicants had downloaded their admit card. Examination preparation has been completed. The examination is to be held at 2,569 centers in various cities across the country. The Civil Services Preliminary Examination-2020 was earlier scheduled to be held on 31 May but due to the covid-19 epidemic, the Commission postponed it to 4 October. During the exam being conducted in the middle of the corona period, candidates will also have to follow several guidelines to prevent covid-19 infection.
Read here about the guidelines of UPSC Prelims –
- Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has said that it is mandatory for the candidates taking the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination to wear a mask or face cover. The Commission has said that examinees can also bring sanitizers in transparent bottles. No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination center without a mask.
- Candidates must follow the rules of covid-19. They also have to follow social distance in campuses with examination halls / rooms.
- One third of the candidates will be seated at each center by its capacity.
- Examination will be conducted in two shifts from 9:30 am to 11:30 am and 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm. Entry will be given at the examination center only 10 minutes before the commencement of the exam (09:20 am in the morning shift and 02:20 pm in the afternoon shift). Please carry the admit card with you. Without this, admission will not be granted.
- To appear in each session of the examination, the candidates have to bring their photo ID card, whose number is given on the e-admit card.
- Examiners will not be allowed to carry mobile phones or any other electronic device in the examination hall.