Guidelines for Metro journey: The Delhi Metro will run in two shifts a day. The government today released guidelines for the metro train service between Corona starting on 7 September. The important thing is that the metro service in Delhi will run in two shifts a day. It will be launched in three phases. There will be a break of 5 hours in between, during which sanitization work will be done. The metro will not stop at the station where social distancing will not be followed.
Guidelines for Metro journey: The Delhi Metro will run in two shifts a day
The journey will be through smart card only and not through token. Payment for smart card will be cashless or online. There will be no cash facility for this. Metro service has been closed since March due to Corona. Last week, the Ministry of Home Affairs released Unlock-4 guidelines, and announced a waiver to start the Metro in Phase Manner from September 7.
On Tuesday, Durga Shankar Mishra, Secretary, Ministry of Urban Affairs, had a discussion with the managing directors of metro companies. Meanwhile, the Maharashtra government has decided not to run the metro in September. According to the state government, Mumbai Lane-1 and Maha Metro can be started from October. It will be decided later.
Guidelines for Delhi Metro
- Initially, only a few gates of the metro station will be open. There will be entry from one gate and exit from the other.
- Only smart cards will be able to travel. There will be cashless transaction. Online transaction will be allowed for this.
- Passengers have to follow rules like face masks and social distancing.
- Metro stations coming into the Containment Zone will remain closed for the time being.
- Passengers will be able to get masks by paying at the station. It will be mandatory to wear a mask during the journey.
- Marking will have to be done inside the station and the train for social distancing.
- Travelers have been advised to travel with a minimum of luggage.
- Only asymptomatic people will be allowed to travel after thermal scanning at the entry point.
- Symptomatic people will be advised to go to the nearby Covid Care Center or Hospital. The Arogya Setu app also needs to be encouraged to use.