Qualcomm launches new Snapdragon 690 processor to add 5G to budget phones.
And should be launching in the second half of this year. The first batch of OEM partners that will offer the Snapdragon 690 5G. Will be HMD Global, LG Electronics, Motorola, Sharp, TCL, and Wingtech.
Although the new Snapdragon 690 maintains its CPU configurations in terms of big. And little cores in a 2+6 setup, Qualcomm has managed to include the newest Cortex-A77 IP for the big CPU cores. And resulting in a 20% performance uplift thanks to the microarchitectural improvements.
The clock speeds remain the same as found in other recent 600-series designs. Meaning 2GHz on the big cores and 1.7GHz for the A55 cores.
- First 5G connectivity in 6-series.
- Support for TDD, FDD and Dynamic Spectrum Sharing for global 5G coverage .
- First 5th gen Qualcomm AI Engine and Hexagon Tensor Accelerator in a 6-series.
- More than 70% improvement in AI performance compared to its predecessor.
- Qualcomm® Sensing Hub for always-on environment awareness and AI virtual assistance.
- Support for 4K HDR video recording a first in the 6-series.
- Up to 192MP capture for larger than life photos.
- Qualcomm Spectra 355L ISP for crisp capture and noise reduction.
- Improved Adreno 619L offers up to 60% faster graphics rendering compared to the Snapdragon 675 Mobile Platform.
- Improved Kryo 560 offers up to 20% performance improvement compared to Snapdragon 675.
- Supports 120 Hz on-device display – a first in the 6-series.
- Qualcomm® 5G PowerSave provides major power efficiency improvements for big battery benefits
- Qualcomm® FastConnect™ 6200 Mobile Connectivity Subsystem provides highly integrated 2×2 mobile connectivity (Dual Wi-Fi antennas) that is Wi-Fi 6.
- readyQualcomm® aptX™ Adaptive Audio keeps audio in sync with media aptX Adaptive Audio for robust, low-latency, high-quality wireless audio .
Just check comparison here Qualcomm launches new Snapdragon 690 processor to add 5G